It’s been a little while since I talked about Operation Smile – see my last post – True Love & Operation Smile Close To My Heart has been supporting this amazing organization and at Convention last month, we once again got the opportunity to see how lives are being changed (and this time there were even 2 adults who received the surgery – this was so amazing because children with a cleft lip/palate don’t live past their teens!)
During this year’s convention, Consultants raised over $44,000 to help support the mission of Operation Smile! This was done through sales of special bracelets, a 5K fun run/walk, and an artwork auction – several of the amazing CTMH consultants donated fantastic artwork for the auction.
But – you might be asking yourself – I’m not a consultant, how can I help? Well – here’s how –
- Round up – round up your order to the next dollar and that change will go to Operation Smile!
- Each year CTMH produces a special Operation Smile Stamp Set. This year’s is called True Love (D1711). For each stamp set purchased, CTMH donates $7 to Operation Smile (this set is only available for purchase at full retail prices, and so is not included in Stampaganza or as a hostess reward).
Here’s another quick & easy card using the True Love set –
- 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 background piece
- three 2 x 2 squares in coordinating colors
- 1 3/4 x 3 1/4 strip (the yellow diamonds)
- 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 square white daisy for stamping
This card is stamped with Sorbet ink and embellished with Blue Burlap Ribbon and some Prickly Pear Sequins.
Since we’re coming to the end of the current Annual Inspirations Idea Book – the True Love stamp set will only be available through the end of this month – so get yours soon!!
Here are the other products used for this card – you can find these and more at gerri.closetomyheart.com: