I was really excited when CTMH announced the new Workshop Your Way kits! As a quick overview – there are currently 3 Workshops Your Way – one for each of the new Season Expressions 1 Paper Packets. Here’s what’s different:
- The Paper Packets include 12 sheets – 2 each of 5 patterned B&T Duos and 2 each of a cut apart sheet that work great for pocket scrapbooking, cardmaking, or additions to your traditional layouts. (You get extra cardstock just with the WYW)
- You get awesome embellishments (a packet of complements, puffies, washi tape or ribbon)
- You get instructions for 3 double page layouts and 6-9 cards, and you also have the cut apart pages for a pocket page.
- There is no stamping or Cricut cuts – unless of course YOU want to add those.
- To make the additional cards according to the directions, you’ll need to purchase additional items (or take the basic design & use what you have)
- Instructions are available on line and will be available for a full year – download/print the PDF file. There’s also a YouTube video if you’re more of a visual learner!
Here’s what the Charlotte WYW looks like – These layouts came together so quickly with the easy to understand instructions & pictures.
And here are the cards – There were enough materials left over to make 9 cards (3 each of these designs) – The extra product used for these are: extra cardstock, card bases (X254), My Acrylix Springtime Wishes (C1641) and Springtime Wishes Thin Cuts (Z3201). Thin Cuts work with manual die-cutting machines like the Cuttlebug or Sissix. You can get a neatly cut image even if you don’t have a Cricut (& no fussy cutting!)
I hope you’ll try these new products – as a working mom of 2 very busy boys – the new Workshop Your Way kit is is a great value for both your money (you get 3 double page layouts, pocket scrapbook layouts and cards) and your time – the heavy thinking is all done for you – everything coordinates, the instructions are easy to follow – just add your pictures and your personal touch!