Back in the day – I never seemed to have too many alpha sticker sets. These days, I find I never seem to have too many alpha stamp sets! The July Stamp of the Month is adding another option to my stash! Storybook Alphabet is great for layout titling or making cards.
These letters are just under 1″ tall and have designs – flowers, hearts, dots, leaves. You can color these with markers, water colors or colored pencils or leave as they are – they look great either way.
This card design came from Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 pattern book (watch for Volume 3 in August!!). This is an quick, easy & cute card anyone can make.
- Cut four 1 1/4 x 4″ strips and dovetail the bottom of each.
- Layer each piece with a piece of ribbon (I used Blue Burlap) before attaching to the card base (You can also add a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece to create a background if you’d like)
- Use four 1 1/8″ squares in White Daisy to stamp the letters H, O, P, E – LOVE works too!
- Mat the stamped letters with 1 1/4″ squares in the darker color.
- Attach the squares with a bit of 3D foam tape (this adds dimension and helps prevent unevenness over the burlap).
- Add an embellishment to the lower portion for balance (I added a little sentiment banner – but you could easily add a bow or other embellishment)
Another option is to create a solid piece for the stamped word – then you could include a longer word like THANKS or LOVE U.
Hope you’re having an amazing week!
Products used (these can be found at gerri.closetomyheart.com):