Welcome to our Prickly Pear Blog Hop! We will be showcasing items from our Prickly Pear Paper Pack with various projects created by talented Close to my Heart consultants. If you are visiting from Kathleen’s blog then you are on the right track, if not please start at the Prickly Pear Blog Hop beginning with our hostess Carol. Next check out Haley’s blog.
This cute card was so quick & easy! I started with a pattern from the Make It From Your Heart Volume 2 How-To-Book. This is pattern #23.
Using the Prickly Pear paper packet, I cut the following pieces:
- 5 x 1 3/4 (cactus print)
- 5 x 1/2 (green print with x’s)
- 5 x 2 (yellow diamond pattern)
- 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 (green ombre – this is the reverse side of the yellow diamonds)
- 2 1/4 square of White Daisy plus scraps for die cutting.
- Stamp “Thanks from the bottom of my heart” with Sorbet
- Using the Prickly Pear Scrapbooking Set
- Stamp the small, solid flower randomly near the top in Smoothie and Tangerine
- Cut 2 of the largest flower using the Thin Cuts dies and stamp one with Smoothie and one with Sorbet.
Put it all together –
- Adhere the 5″ strips to the card as shown in the picture
- Layer the White Daisy stamped square on top of the green ombre square
- Adhere the layered squares 3/4″ from the bottom of the card and 1 1/4″ from the right edge.
- Add Blue Burlap ribbon to either side of the square (alternatively, you could run a single piece of ribbon across the full width of the card and then use 3D foam tape to raise the square above the ribbon).
- Layer the die cut flowers in the top, right corner of the stamped square. I used 3D foam tape for added dimension.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to head over to Haley’s blog next and keep progressing through the blog hop to check out all the amazingly talented ladies that are sharing their creations today!