Did you know that you can team with Close To My Heart to support those in need? CTMH has been a wonderful supporter of Operation Smile since 2008! You can join in on this amazing journey and get some great crafting supplies while you do it. Each year, CTMH creates a special stamp for Operation Smile. This year it is the Punny Pals (D1751) set. For each stamp set purchased, CTMH donates $7 to Operation Smile. During October, we have some additional ways to donate and to play with this stamp set.
The Share A Smile card kit comes with everything you need to create 32 fun 3×3″ cards, plus a set of coordinating Thin Cuts for each of the animals. You’ll only use about 1/2 of each sheet of paper for the 32 cards, so why not get an extra set of 3×3 card bases/envelopes to make more?
Confession time – I’m a scrap saver – I sometimes struggle to let go of the smallest pieces. I keep thinking, ‘But I might be able to use that’. All those White Daisy scraps paid off with this kit – I used them to cut out all these cute little animals, so I have I still have a full sheet of untouched White Daisy cardstock. Using scraps made it easy to layer papers and cut 2 animals at at time, making things move along faster.
As I was cutting the colored card stock, I just laid everything out by color.
Since the card stock is two-toned, when I actually started putting the cards together, I made piles according to the color that I wanted to use, in the picture below I start with the lighter side of Glacier blue, then flip the next set over to the darker side. The third pile is the light side of Lagoon, finished off with the dark side (cue Darth Vader music…). I also found it was easier to put the adhesive on the card and attach the pieces rather than put the adhesive on the strips & triangles.
I decided to mix it up a bit while making the cards. I left the frog uncolored and the ends of the sentiment squared off for the top right card. For the top left card, I intermingled the colors a bit rather than sticking to the monotones. Then the bottom card I put together following the guide (used the monochrome pattern, colored in the tiger and dovetailed the ends of the sentiment piece). Either way, I think they’re really cute!
So – There are several ways you can get these products and also support Operation Smile.
- Punny Pals stamp set (D1751) is sold alone so that CTMH can maintain the $7 donation for each set sold – this set is available through July 2018
- Punny Pals Thin Cuts (CC1340) can be purchased individually for $28.95 or as part of the set below. These are only available during October.
- The Share a Smile Card Kit (CC1342) includes 32 cards & bases, 8 sheets of two-toned colored card stock, 1 sheet of White Daisy card stock, 1 sheet of Gold Glitter paper, and the Punny Pals Thin Cuts. This kit is available during October for only $39.95 – that’s over 15% off of the retail value.
- You can also get extra 3×3 bases & envelopes (CC1343) for just $9.95
- Round up your order to the next whole dollar amount and CTMH will match it for double the impact.
- Hostesses can get the Share A Smile card kit for free by hosting a gathering that reaches $350 during October.
- Join my Team and get the Share A Smile card kit for free just by signing up during October – it will be include in your New Consultant Kit at no additional charge!
If you’d like more information about this kit, hosting a gathering, or becoming a consultant, please feel free to reach out to me through email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or through Facebook (gerri.ctmh) .
I hope you have a fantastic week!