Sorry, I’ve been MIA for a few days! My boys went to Scout Camp last week & I spent the week trying to cram as many projects into those 7 days as possible, so I let this slip just a bit. Today I’m back with the new Annual Inspirations Idea Book and some artwork I’ve made with the new products.
First a couple of highlights – in this Idea Book you’ll find …
A new Cut Above Layout Kit “The Story Begins” – to tell your baby’s stories – this kit comes in either a boy or girl option plus – save 30% when you purchase an album to go with it!
Double Sided Cardstock – what? – yep – one side is the actual color and the reverse is a lighter version. Check it out here – the Wild is cut from the lighter side and the rest from the front side of a sheet of Ruby cardstock. What an easy way to add some dimension to your projects!
Speaking of adding dimension – how about some new Cricut cartridges? We have a new cartridge available in either physical or digital. Both options come with an exclusive stamp set bundle and an Enchantment combo cardstock pack. The You Are Here cartridge is great for all your travel projects – from a girls trip to National Parks – there’s lots of fun in these images.
And of course we have new Fundamentals with awesome patterns, colors & complements (including new ribbon packs!).
With all these fun new products – I’d love to see what you create!
Welcome to our Prickly Pear Blog Hop! We will be showcasing items from our Prickly Pear Paper Pack with various projects created by talented Close to my Heart consultants. If you are visiting from Kathleen’s blog then you are on the right track, if not please start at the Prickly Pear Blog Hop beginning with our hostess Carol. Next check out Haley’s blog.
This cute card was so quick & easy! I started with a pattern from the Make It From Your Heart Volume 2 How-To-Book. This is pattern #23.
Using the Prickly Pear paper packet, I cut the following pieces:
- 5 x 1 3/4 (cactus print)
- 5 x 1/2 (green print with x’s)
- 5 x 2 (yellow diamond pattern)
- 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 (green ombre – this is the reverse side of the yellow diamonds)
- 2 1/4 square of White Daisy plus scraps for die cutting.
For the stamping, I used Sorbet, Smoothie and Tangerine ink stamp pads along with the Happy Heart Stamp Set and the Prickly Pear Scrapbooking Stamp Set and Thin Cuts bundle (Z3338).
- Stamp “Thanks from the bottom of my heart” with Sorbet
- Using the Prickly Pear Scrapbooking Set
- Stamp the small, solid flower randomly near the top in Smoothie and Tangerine
- Cut 2 of the largest flower using the Thin Cuts dies and stamp one with Smoothie and one with Sorbet.
Put it all together –
- Adhere the 5″ strips to the card as shown in the picture
- Layer the White Daisy stamped square on top of the green ombre square
- Adhere the layered squares 3/4″ from the bottom of the card and 1 1/4″ from the right edge.
- Add Blue Burlap ribbon to either side of the square (alternatively, you could run a single piece of ribbon across the full width of the card and then use 3D foam tape to raise the square above the ribbon).
- Layer the die cut flowers in the top, right corner of the stamped square. I used 3D foam tape for added dimension.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to head over to Haley’s blog next and keep progressing through the blog hop to check out all the amazingly talented ladies that are sharing their creations today!
With spending 30 years around the Air Force – acronyms are second nature to me! But – I learned a new one the other day – FSE – Fast, Simple, Easy! (PS – I wouldn’t recommend searching this, because the Urban Dictionary DOES NOT translate it the same!)
FSE is usually my goal for cards & layouts because like all of you – I’m busy! I need to get things done and move on to the next thing on my list. So – here are a couple of FSE birthday wishes…
This card simply uses a piece of 3″ x 4 1/4″ Prickly Pear (X7221B) patterned paper, topped with a strip of Blue Burlap ribbon (Z3325) . The stamping is done with Sapphire ink using the Wise Guy Birthday (C1662) – which is also available in French or Spanish versions! Add some matching embellishments & you’re all done! (This card design is one off the Prickly Pear Scrapbook Workshops Your Way (G1128) extra projects).
Not only is this card FSE – but it’s also a great way to use up scraps! This card was inspired by a Clean & Simple Stamping sketch challenge. It is so simple to just punch out a bunch of circles (I used 1″) and then lay them out in off set rows. I added some Prickly Pear sequins to balance out the left side a bit. The stamping was a little more involved because I wanted the white to show through on the Sapphire cardstock, so I used heat embossing on the Hooked On You Stamp Set (B1535). It’s crazy how many times I’ve come back to this stamp set to use this Happy Birthday stamp – it’s a great option.
What do you do to keep your card crafting Fast – Simple – Easy. (This takes me back to… We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, Stronger, Faster – ooops! Not exactly crafting related!)