It’s been a little while since I talked about Operation Smile – see my last post – True Love & Operation Smile Close To My Heart has been supporting this amazing organization and at Convention last month, we once again got the opportunity to see how lives are being changed (and this time there were even 2 adults who received the surgery – this was so amazing because children with a cleft lip/palate don’t live past their teens!)
During this year’s convention, Consultants raised over $44,000 to help support the mission of Operation Smile! This was done through sales of special bracelets, a 5K fun run/walk, and an artwork auction – several of the amazing CTMH consultants donated fantastic artwork for the auction.
But – you might be asking yourself – I’m not a consultant, how can I help? Well – here’s how –
- Round up – round up your order to the next dollar and that change will go to Operation Smile!
- Each year CTMH produces a special Operation Smile Stamp Set. This year’s is called True Love (D1711). For each stamp set purchased, CTMH donates $7 to Operation Smile (this set is only available for purchase at full retail prices, and so is not included in Stampaganza or as a hostess reward).
Here’s another quick & easy card using the True Love set –
- 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 background piece
- three 2 x 2 squares in coordinating colors
- 1 3/4 x 3 1/4 strip (the yellow diamonds)
- 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 square white daisy for stamping
This card is stamped with Sorbet ink and embellished with Blue Burlap Ribbon and some Prickly Pear Sequins.
Since we’re coming to the end of the current Annual Inspirations Idea Book – the True Love stamp set will only be available through the end of this month – so get yours soon!!
Here are the other products used for this card – you can find these and more at gerri.closetomyheart.com:
Welcome to our Prickly Pear Blog Hop! We will be showcasing items from our Prickly Pear Paper Pack with various projects created by talented Close to my Heart consultants. If you are visiting from Kathleen’s blog then you are on the right track, if not please start at the Prickly Pear Blog Hop beginning with our hostess Carol. Next check out Haley’s blog.
This cute card was so quick & easy! I started with a pattern from the Make It From Your Heart Volume 2 How-To-Book. This is pattern #23.
Using the Prickly Pear paper packet, I cut the following pieces:
- 5 x 1 3/4 (cactus print)
- 5 x 1/2 (green print with x’s)
- 5 x 2 (yellow diamond pattern)
- 2 1/2 x 2 1/2 (green ombre – this is the reverse side of the yellow diamonds)
- 2 1/4 square of White Daisy plus scraps for die cutting.
For the stamping, I used Sorbet, Smoothie and Tangerine ink stamp pads along with the Happy Heart Stamp Set and the Prickly Pear Scrapbooking Stamp Set and Thin Cuts bundle (Z3338).
- Stamp “Thanks from the bottom of my heart” with Sorbet
- Using the Prickly Pear Scrapbooking Set
- Stamp the small, solid flower randomly near the top in Smoothie and Tangerine
- Cut 2 of the largest flower using the Thin Cuts dies and stamp one with Smoothie and one with Sorbet.
Put it all together –
- Adhere the 5″ strips to the card as shown in the picture
- Layer the White Daisy stamped square on top of the green ombre square
- Adhere the layered squares 3/4″ from the bottom of the card and 1 1/4″ from the right edge.
- Add Blue Burlap ribbon to either side of the square (alternatively, you could run a single piece of ribbon across the full width of the card and then use 3D foam tape to raise the square above the ribbon).
- Layer the die cut flowers in the top, right corner of the stamped square. I used 3D foam tape for added dimension.
Thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to head over to Haley’s blog next and keep progressing through the blog hop to check out all the amazingly talented ladies that are sharing their creations today!
With spending 30 years around the Air Force – acronyms are second nature to me! But – I learned a new one the other day – FSE – Fast, Simple, Easy! (PS – I wouldn’t recommend searching this, because the Urban Dictionary DOES NOT translate it the same!)
FSE is usually my goal for cards & layouts because like all of you – I’m busy! I need to get things done and move on to the next thing on my list. So – here are a couple of FSE birthday wishes…
This card simply uses a piece of 3″ x 4 1/4″ Prickly Pear (X7221B) patterned paper, topped with a strip of Blue Burlap ribbon (Z3325) . The stamping is done with Sapphire ink using the Wise Guy Birthday (C1662) – which is also available in French or Spanish versions! Add some matching embellishments & you’re all done! (This card design is one off the Prickly Pear Scrapbook Workshops Your Way (G1128) extra projects).
Not only is this card FSE – but it’s also a great way to use up scraps! This card was inspired by a Clean & Simple Stamping sketch challenge. It is so simple to just punch out a bunch of circles (I used 1″) and then lay them out in off set rows. I added some Prickly Pear sequins to balance out the left side a bit. The stamping was a little more involved because I wanted the white to show through on the Sapphire cardstock, so I used heat embossing on the Hooked On You Stamp Set (B1535). It’s crazy how many times I’ve come back to this stamp set to use this Happy Birthday stamp – it’s a great option.
What do you do to keep your card crafting Fast – Simple – Easy. (This takes me back to… We can rebuild him. We have the technology. We can make him better than he was. Better, Stronger, Faster – ooops! Not exactly crafting related!)
Do you have a Cricut (or Silhouette)? I enjoy using my Cricut on my papercrafting projects, but this layout really made me happy!
This uses the Prickly Pear Workshops Your Way – but with just a little twist.
The original design for this page had a floral background – that just didn’t work with these pictures. So, with a quick flip of the Background & Texture papers – I had colorful diagonals!
The embellishments for this layout included the title “Enjoy Today” and cacti – which didn’t really go with the shoe theme. It was a simple fix to cut a new title in Glacier cardstock, using the Artistry Cricut Cartridge but I wasn’t really sure what to add to the bottom right page.
I got lucky when I found a free shoe print image! With my Cricut I was able to import the image. Then I cut it out of Sapphire cardstock, backed it with Glacier and now I had an embellishment that kept with my theme.
In case you’re wondering about the picture of just the shoes – those are my feet in a pair of shoes my son has outgrown. What a fun role reversal – and just in time for my layout!
I hope you’ve found inspiration today!
Back in the day – I never seemed to have too many alpha sticker sets. These days, I find I never seem to have too many alpha stamp sets! The July Stamp of the Month is adding another option to my stash! Storybook Alphabet is great for layout titling or making cards.
These letters are just under 1″ tall and have designs – flowers, hearts, dots, leaves. You can color these with markers, water colors or colored pencils or leave as they are – they look great either way.
This card design came from Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 pattern book (watch for Volume 3 in August!!). This is an quick, easy & cute card anyone can make.
- Cut four 1 1/4 x 4″ strips and dovetail the bottom of each.
- Layer each piece with a piece of ribbon (I used Blue Burlap) before attaching to the card base (You can also add a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece to create a background if you’d like)
- Use four 1 1/8″ squares in White Daisy to stamp the letters H, O, P, E – LOVE works too!
- Mat the stamped letters with 1 1/4″ squares in the darker color.
- Attach the squares with a bit of 3D foam tape (this adds dimension and helps prevent unevenness over the burlap).
- Add an embellishment to the lower portion for balance (I added a little sentiment banner – but you could easily add a bow or other embellishment)
Another option is to create a solid piece for the stamped word – then you could include a longer word like THANKS or LOVE U.
Hope you’re having an amazing week!
Products used (these can be found at gerri.closetomyheart.com):
Good morning! As June is coming to a close, I am attending the CTMH Convention finding out about all the great new products coming your way soon. But we still have some fantastic featured papers from the Seasonal Expressions II Idea Book. July’s featured paper is Prickly Pear.
Small confession here … when I first saw this paper, I wasn’t shall we say thrilled. I grew up around big tress (hemlocks, maples & real oaks) – so cacti just weren’t doing anything for me. BUT – once I started playing with these papers – the beautiful colors and versatile patterns totally won me over.
Designs for these cards came from Make It From Your Heart Volumes I & II, Wishes Card Confidence Program, Prickly Pear WYW Scrapbooking guide and Pinterest (cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot)
Here are my layouts using the Scrapbooking WYW. I mostly followed the guide except for the ‘Big Shoes’ layout.
I hope you’ve enjoyed this quick look at my cards & layouts for July classes. You can find details for the classes on my Class Page or at Facebook.
Products used for these projects can be found at gerri.closetomyheart.com –