I usually use the Stamp of the Month to create one card in my card class. This isn’t always easy – but this month’s Stamp of the Month is so great I used it twice!
This is such a perfect time of year to remember what you’re thankful for (seriously – the kids are back in school!!!) As we’re coming to the close of another year and with Thanksgiving upon us it really is a great opportunity to think about gratitude. But the great thing about gratitude is sharing it!
Whether you’re creating a layout….
Or a mini-album…..
Or spreading some love with cards
This stamp set is sure to meet your needs. These two cards are made with the Cats & Bats creative collection (see – it’s not just for Halloween!), but if you search #CTMHfeelsoblessed – you’ll see lots of great artwork using our other featured collection for this month – Falling For You (we’ll be playing with that next month).
This set is only available through the end of September. You can get yours at gerri.closetomyheart.com for $17.95 or pick up a few crafting goodies while you’re there (check out the September From the Heart Kit and Workshops Your Way kits) and get this fantastic set for just $5 with a $50 order.
Back in the day – I never seemed to have too many alpha sticker sets. These days, I find I never seem to have too many alpha stamp sets! The July Stamp of the Month is adding another option to my stash! Storybook Alphabet is great for layout titling or making cards.
These letters are just under 1″ tall and have designs – flowers, hearts, dots, leaves. You can color these with markers, water colors or colored pencils or leave as they are – they look great either way.
This card design came from Make It From Your Heart Volume 1 pattern book (watch for Volume 3 in August!!). This is an quick, easy & cute card anyone can make.
- Cut four 1 1/4 x 4″ strips and dovetail the bottom of each.
- Layer each piece with a piece of ribbon (I used Blue Burlap) before attaching to the card base (You can also add a 5 1/2 x 4 1/4 piece to create a background if you’d like)
- Use four 1 1/8″ squares in White Daisy to stamp the letters H, O, P, E – LOVE works too!
- Mat the stamped letters with 1 1/4″ squares in the darker color.
- Attach the squares with a bit of 3D foam tape (this adds dimension and helps prevent unevenness over the burlap).
- Add an embellishment to the lower portion for balance (I added a little sentiment banner – but you could easily add a bow or other embellishment)
Another option is to create a solid piece for the stamped word – then you could include a longer word like THANKS or LOVE U.
Hope you’re having an amazing week!
Products used (these can be found at gerri.closetomyheart.com):